20.7.12

FOOTY GODS GO MISSING

Last weekend was one of THOSE rounds for me.
If Shiny Hope and Bitter Disappointment met and had a love-child, it could well have turned out just like last weekend.

Everything started well, an against the odds win friday night. The Ziebells intent on getting the the ball come what may, the Juddies with a cowardly eye on de-boning and stuffing their opponents. Dick moves from 7th to 6th. Nice.

Saturday, things were pretty much going to plan tips-wise, AND the jagged promise-line of projected scores had my Chimps winning all 4 of their Dreamteam league games. Hi five.

Even the Dees, though I didn't tip them, started well, at Docklands, The Terror Dome, a venue they can’t win at. As a Dees supporter of course I didn’t go along. Not because it’s too far or too hard. In fact I find it quite lovely, rather like going to watch the footy at Hamer Hall. I’m sure one could even get a plastic glass of the finest Yellowglen if one's heart desired.
No. It’s because watching the Dees play there roughly equates to staying conscious to watch your own appendectomy. Pure pain, no upside. I’m sure you could do it, but why would ya? Sure, go have your appendix out if you want, but don’t watch it happen would be my advice.

The weekend started to turn at around the 10 minute mark of that match, the Russian went down and by 3/4 time things started going a tad pear-shaped.

My gut had told me to go Lions, and my head couldn’t concentrate long enough to change the tip. But with 10 minutes or so to go in the last the Lions were hanging in for another upset. AND hey, win this one and I’m sitting second and only 2 adrift of Fordy....

At this point the footy gods went missing totally. Didn’t get another touch for the rest of the round. The Saints got up and headed off looking for schoolies. The Chimps started running out of legs, losing 3 of their 4 games. The Swannies (gut) smashed the Eagles (head), and I slid back to where I started. 7th. Sometimes I don’t know why I bother even getting up in the morning.

God damn you footy gods, where were ya? Do a decent pre-season you over-paid poseurs.Put in or get off!

This is we we are:
Almost the same as last week, except Logger has started making his move, and Phils back in the 8 too. Out go Dickwad and Ian.

No comments:

Post a Comment