15.5.14

R8 wash-up

It was a week punctuated by the sadness of the passing of Tommy, the total lack of surprise that Sam Newman is a total dickhead, a few more hints that the ongoing ASADASAGA is still ongoing, otherwise the less said about footy by me the better, at the moment.

No-one needs to hear my voice added to the tributes to Tommy Hafey, he was one of those true gentlemen who I've never heard the slightest bad word said about, he presided over the Super-Tiges during one of my favourite periods of this great game (when it was still a great game) and was partly/largely responsible for turning it from a defensive to exciting attacking spectacle. I went to every one of those Grand Finals of that period and it was hard not to be drawn into the Tiger net (unless you were a Blues supporter I guess, but who cares about them).

Hats off for Tommy... I know Harv's in-boxed you with this but what better tribute than a re-run:

And so to this... Suddenly Franco looks to be in charge. He's done it before, can he do it yet again?
Jeez I dunno, probably. Don't ask me, I clearly can't see what's bloody going on from down where I am, but Mr. Boots'n'All Derek is looking ominous at #2 and may well have changed his game plan from all out attack this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment