13.4.12

AFL FIGHTS TRUTH DECAY

This week saw Big George Pell take on Doubting Dick Dawkins for the hearts and minds of the uncertain. Surely they could have run with Vlad Demetriou and Caro Wilson to expunge any remaining doubt. These two apparently can pull the truth from any cloudy situation, using any logic that suits their argument.
I refer of course to the Davey v Loose-lips Mifsud situation. While they can't say which of the two is a liar, they know it can't be the skulking Mifsud because he has the backing of the AFL. That holy bastion of integrity. Case closed.
This week sees the Guinness Book of Records World's Oldest Man take the field for the Bombers. Remarkable if only because my memory tells me he was a liability for the first 10 years of his 40 year career, which gives me some hope for several players at the MFC after all. But my memory is dodgy at best and I'm sure bombers fans will correct me (and smugly remind me the Dees haven't won a flag since '64 as they do at every Dees v Bombers game I've ever been to).

Enough bitching lets get to the numbers. Lets look at some charts.



Four perfect scores this week, meaning the Jackpot stays safe in its hiding spot (maximum of two 9s per week for that to go off). But a hat-tip to Fordy, Leah, Stavros and Cath (in her first real outing, having had difficulty negotiating the PunchDrunk door-bitch last week).
And so Fordy bustles past Grant to nose to the front of the 4 ladder-leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment