1.8.14

Round about 19. Pretty exciting at the top. All I can see from where I am is other peoples arses.

Last week's form guide is either totally out of date already, or completely prescient. I haven't looked back to check to honest.

So, I turned the telly on last night at about 7.55 and there was a footy game about to start. Who  knew? Most of you did apparently. No-one told me, it was a thursday for godsake.

Anyway, Telstra had disconnected all my phones and internet yesterday morning, they do that now if you're 2 weeks overdue apparently. Just cut you off. And charge you for a reconnection. And they can't answer a fucking phone within 25 minutes. Ever, And then they tell you 'the system's down, please call back later' after you've already waited for half an hour.

The worst thing is when they do call you to tell you you're overdue, you answer the phone and there's a robot on the other end who checks your credentials (Hey, you fucking called me, robot. On MY phone, I should be the one checking your credentials. When your birthdate arsefaced tin-head?). Then they put you on hold for ages 'til they can find a human. Is it just me who thinks that's rude? Anyway I have no time for that, I'm a busy man, so I hang up. Robot cries.

So anyway, because the Telstra robot hates me and cut me off in the morning I had really slow internet in the evening. Hence I couldn't get my tip in in the last 48 seconds before they bounced the ball. Hence my default tip was Carlton to win by zero points. I would have got it too if that deadshit Wood hadn't passed it to Freo's Neale with 90 seconds to go. Goal. No wonder he can't get a game.

And another thing, why did Carlton get to wear their home jumper? As the away team? Because it's not an even playing field that's why.

It's snowing outside. I have to walk to the tram soon.

But in good news, for some, here's the ladder:



Check it out. Phil Smith's made a audacious dive for the front, Lex has pulled 6 from somewhere miraculous in a 3 kinda round, Franco's lurched from the edge of nowhere to the fringe of fabulous. And bugger me backwards, Ando, who I had in my sights as I sought to jump into the top 25, has pulled out 2 psycho weeks and found himself 2 games from victory.

I'll never understand how this thing works.

No comments:

Post a Comment